Porky Eggplant (Taiwanese)
1. Start cooking (ground) pork in a pot or skillet
2. Add a heaping tablespoon (or so) of spicy bean paste or something like it
3. Chop up 3ish “Japanese” eggplants into thicc coins and throw em in when pork is almost halfway cooked
4. Stir and stir while cooking for 10 more minutes
5. 3 min before done add soy sauce
Bonus: sprinkle white pepper
Optional: add sesame oil at end
6. Serve over rice. Garnish with chopped cilantro and scallion
Beef With Chives
0. Cut beef flank into small strips. Marinate 15 minutes in soy sauce and garlic.
1. Heat oil in a skillet
2. Chop a giant handfull or two of chives and add to skillet.
3. Chop and add garlic. Keep stirring and frying.
4. In a few mins as chives shrink down add the beef
5. Continue cooking a few minutes. Add some rice wine and stir fast to keep from evaporating.
6. Cook til beef fully cooked and chives are nice and soft, only a few more minutes. Total cooking time less than 10 min.
7. Serve over rice.
1. Cut off about a quarter up to a half of a cabbage. Chop into bite size chunks/strips.
2. Heat oil in a skillet. Add lots of garlic and then cabbage.
3. Let it cook and add a cover so it steams.
4. You can add chicken broth if you have it. Continue stirring.
5. While cabbage is cooking down, add some soy sauce and rice wine. Mix rice wine right away to prevent evaporation.
6. You can add mushrooms, beef or chicken at this point.
7. Cook til done. Serve over rice.
1. Buy white fish like tilapia. Pad it dry. Sprinkle salt n pepa.
2. Heat a skillet and add oil. When sizzling add chopped garlic.
3. Start cooking the fish on high heat. In 2-3 min flip it.
4. Re sprinkle seasonings and cook 2-3 more min.
5. Test for doneness with a fork or chopstick. If it pokes through it’s done.
6. Serve over rice.
Bokchoy Bacon Rice (via instant pot)
1. Put rice in instant pot
2. Add water, but slightly less than you normally would
3. Chop up bacon (half a pack-ish) and cover the rice with it.
4. Chop up lots of garlic and add to pot.
5. Use a whole bag of bok choy. Tear it into individual leaves, and wash and scrub thoroughly to remove dirt. Add to pot.
6. Cook it as if you're cooking rice. You may need to add some time. (12 - 24 minutes in instant pot)
7. When done, add some soy sauce. Stir and serve.